Location San Mateo
Consultant Oliver Sexton
Date posted September 30, 2016
As a Sales Engineer you will serve as a trusted advisor throughout the sales process, with an emphasis on tying business objectives to technology solutions.
About The Job
- Serve as the technical lead and owner of technical deal strategy.
- Collaborate with Sales teams to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs, and pains
- Prove the technical feasibility of the platform to highly technical and developer audiences.
- Own responsibilities for designing, building and maintaining demo systems, strategies, and resources. Enabling our AE team to deliver targeted, persona-based, business-value driven presentations.
- Stay on top of industry news, technology products, platforms and partners to ensure you and your team provide and maintain a deep industry and ecosystem expertise.
- Find ways to continually maximize efficiencies in the technical sales process and support sales efficiency across sales teams and segments.
- Custom development and launch of new sales products and customer integrations to our internal teams and customer community.
- Partner closely with our customer success teams to ensure continuity of an amazing customer experience - for life.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements.
- Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- 5+ years of Sales/Solutions Engineering experience.
- You have world class presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to large groups, both technical and non-technical. In-person and virtually.
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- You have excellent communication skills. You can easily relate complicated concepts to non-technical people, while maintaining the ability to speak to highly technical people.
- You have a demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- You thrive under uncertain, high pressure, and high impact conditions.