Business and Revenue Development Manager
Salary $90000 - $100000 per year + 25% Bonus
Consultant Gina Zelko
Date posted September 2, 2016
A newly created Business and Revenue Development Manager role has arisen within a prestigious leading global media organization. You will help identify and drive new commercial business opportunities in local media markets while bridging the relationship between digital markets experts and local media market sales staff in order to achieve overall commercial revenue targets.
The Business and Revenue Development Manager will collaborate with various departments to drive and direct local sales into new commercial market channels.
You will work with marketing to implement and execute campaigns in new market segments. You will launch internal training to support sales campaigns and assist with developing customer targeted webinars. Working successfully with products, technology, legal and sales support will also be key to maintaining a smooth and efficient commercial sales process.
Reports directly to VP, Commercial & Digital Markets.
- Identify new markets and profitable opportunities.
- Collaborate with the VP, Local Media to develop planning campaigns and strategic and tactical approaches to pursue new business opportunities.
- Provide support with all aspects of the sales cycle including, but not limited to, strategy, negotiations, pricing, and proposal development.
- Analyze sales results and market research, intel to identify trends and work with local media sales leaders to build success.
- Coordinate programs and campaigns with local media sales leaders to help avoid sales channel conflict with account manager and sales planner assignments.
- In collaboration with VP Local Markets and VP Commercial & Digital Markets, create and manage commercial sales budget.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly commercial digital sales report.
- A top performer with at least 4 years of experience in a BD role.
- Proven ability to build relationships, work by positive influence rather than formal authority to motivate peers and virtual teams.
- Ability to create a culture of problem solving and innovation.
- Skilled negotiator with experience penetrating untapped markets and closing deals.
- Presentation skills.
- Proven success consistently meeting revenue goals in challenging markets.
- Experience forecasting and monitoring financial results.
This 150+ year old global organization is the definitive source for independent and authoritative news around the world. The business meets the media format needs of its global range of members, consumers, and subscribers and is seen by over half of the world's population on any given day.
If you are an influential business developer and revenue driver with the ability to bring teams together and work towards a common goal, please apply online today.