Head of Programmatic Partnerships
Salary $140000 - $160000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Hannah O'Loughlin
Date posted October 19, 2016
A newly created opportunity exists for a Director of Programmatic Partnerships to join one of the biggest video platforms in the world in their expanding NYC office. Having launched its private video ad exchange over a year ago, they are now looking for an advertising expert to pursue the programmatic strategy, managing partnerships with demand & technical partners.
Working closely with engineers, sales and their trade marketing team, you will implement the strategies that will make this a go-to exchange for all programmatic activities.
As the Director of Programmatic Partnerships you will manage a team of four programmatic managers and a business analyst. Your core areas of focus will include:
- Developing a comprehensive programmatic strategy that will enable the company to maximize its revenue while protecting its audience
- Assist the product team select and implement main ad tech platforms (video and display ad serving)
- Act as the key contact in charge of providing the Product Management team with key feedback to constantly enhance products and advertising on their properties.
- Develop programmatic media (display video & native) and data offering with different partners (display SSPs, video DSPs, DMP etc) in accordance with sales team needs and market feedback
Business Development & Account Management
- Based on your comprehensive knowledge of the market, you will identify, evaluate and partner with new buying platforms (DSPs, ad networks, etc.), and global buyers (agency trading desks / advertisers), being responsible for the business and legal relationship (in conjunction with the Legal Team) and the technical integration (with the ad operations team)
- Manage day to day relationships with all partners to ensure revenue growth. This includes monitoring and analyzing day-to-day activities to identify opportunities / challenges through big data internal tools; Understanding partners’ needs, developing custom commercial and technical offers when needed; developing marketing materials with the marketing team dedicated to the partners
- With the help of the Programmatic Business analyst, develop a strategic and operational vision of the exchange revenue structure and opportunities that will ensure growth.
- Draft, implement and evaluate a consistent strategy (with the help of the Programmatic Platform Partner Manager) ensuring Inventory quality standards in cooperation with technical and the ad product team. This includes viewability, fraudulent traffic detection, brand safety etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in large online publishers / ad tech company involving publishers/sell side strategy, sales and/or account management of client and tech partners
- An extensive understanding of the ad tech business and its current challenges, especially for video exchanges
- A team player with excellent analytical and social skills that will lead the cooperation with the product, operations and sales teams effectively
- An experienced manager, who is comfortable with different profiles (technical, analytics and sales profile)
One of the largest video sharing platforms in the world, their global monetization program is based on the distribution of video content, offering a mix of content from users, independent creators and premium partners.
Based in a central Manhattan location, this organization offers great benefits and the opportunity to work in a creative environment with a culture similar to a start-up but with the stability of a larger business.