Director Sales - Flexible Packaging
Salary $170000 - $215000 per year
Consultant Hannah O'Loughlin
Date posted October 5, 2016
A global organization, currently investing in the development of new technologies and products within the packaging industry, is looking to hire an experienced Sales Director to manage a team of Regional Managers, whilst helping drive business through new and existing relationships. Ideally the candidate will be based within the Georgia/Atlanta area and can work remotely. An attractive relocation package is on offer for candidates who are not based locally.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Vice President - Americas, the Sales Director will be responsible for managing the sales team to implement sales and marketing strategies for US based customers. Furthermore, this person will own customer relationships within the region, be empowered to serve as a commercial representative in most customer facing situations and will drive flawless execution of best in class processes in sales. The position will be based in the Georgia/Atlanta area with full relocation if required.
- Develop skills and competencies of the regional sales team (12 people)
- Develop & manage execution of customer satisfaction improvement plans
- Develop and steward annual sales plan and monthly sales updates from a volume and margin perspective
- Represent and act on behalf of the company in most customer facing situations
- Maintain cross functional alignment with Supply Chain, Product Management and Manufacturing to achieve business objectives
- Deploy sales and support resources to key priorities
- Manage execution of the pricing and contract processes
- Support the mix manage strategy of the business to maximize assets
- Minimum 8-10 years sales management experience in the same or related industry
- Bachelor Degree or higher, preferably in a technical subject
- In depth knowledge of the packaging and/or labels market is required
- Experience with leadership of dispersed teams
- Passionate about building and maintaining customer relationships
- Ability to travel
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organization that continues to expand on a global scale across the US, Europe and Asia Pacific, with an impressive leadership team and who are invested in the growth of their people. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply below.