Americas HR Manager
Salary $100000 - $150000 per year + bonus
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted October 11, 2016
A leading global manufacturing organization operating within the flexible packaging industry is seeking an Americas HR Manager to join their executive leadership team. Reporting directly to the CEO of the Americas, you will manage a team of individuals at various sites and have direct ownership of the Human Resources function in the US. This position is based in LaGrange, GA, with an attractive relocation package on offer for candidates who are not based locally.
About the Role
A newly created position, you will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of human resources function and budget within the US. This will include strategic HR management; recruiting and staffing; organization planning; labor relations; performance management; compensation and benefits; organizational development; employee development, and orientation and training. You will devise and implement strategies, and be involved in some tactical execution. This position has direct responsibility for the US HQ and two plants.
- Manage and develop the US Human Resources team
- Responsible for the HR budget
- Provide functional guidance to the Leadership team, and develop organizational strategies
- Design, propose, and establish Compensation & Benefits, including salary structure and administration
- Design, propose and establish personnel policies, practices and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance
- Maintain responsibility for compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all employment issues
- Oversee all staffing, succession planning and recruiting practices and procedures
- Oversee employee relations
- Set goals and values to become an employer of choice
- Develop and coordinate organizational development/improvement programs
- Oversee any investigations, terminations and liaise with Legal
- Conduct annual reviews and make recommendations to the leadership team on improvement of the Company’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters, and establish new policies and procedures when needed
An very active HR role, the ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing background, and have managed a HR function for a multi-site business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related discipline is required
- Master degree is preferred.
- PHHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of HR experience.
- Broad based technical knowledge of major aspects of Human Resources (e.g. comp, benefits, succession planning, career development, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of HR strategy, change management, organizational development and leadership practices/skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills required as well as the ability to work with all levels of employees.
This organization continues to expand on a global scale across the US, Europe and Asia Pacific. They are currently investing in the development of new technologies and products, and have an impressive leadership team that is invested in the development and growth of their people. The Americas HR Manager will play a key role in their continued success and ongoing growth and development within the US.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online.