Director of Imagineering
Salary competitive salary
Location San Francisco
Consultant Chrissy Cope
Date posted October 19, 2016
We’ve partnered with an exciting start-up that is looking to revolutionize the consumer services space to help them find a Director of Imagineering.
This person will be the owner of initiatives that span physical, sensory, and digital touchpoints. They should continuously seek new experiences by putting in place a cycle of researching, prototyping, and ideating. This role would influence the company’s research capabilities to understand the customer’s desires, needs, and habits, while providing feasible paths to consumer adoption and operations.
- Understanding the customer’s set of criteria and competitive landscape to think of new ways of enhancing the product experience
- Mapping the customer use trends to recognize areas for product innovation
- Working with stakeholders and leadership to prioritize and assess opportunity areas for design, identifying short-, mid-, and long-term projects for pipeline
- Leading a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team in ideation and execution to identify opportunity areas
- Leading the team in prototyping at different levels
- Planning and executing customer feedback sessions to improve prototypes and motivate new ideas
- Leading initiatives that include but are not limited to: designing unique and branded physical packaging, executing in-store digital experiences, defining new ordering interactions, partnering on alignment with menu items and store layouts, etc.