Business Development Manager
Salary $105000 - $120000 per year + 20-100%
Location New Jersey
Consultant Lauren Montella
Date posted December 7, 2016
A highly respected and global Software/IT Services company is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team in NJ. Reporting directly to the Head of US Operations this role offers tremendous growth for a Sales professional who is a leader in their field.
About the Business Development Manager role:
The Business Development Manager position is a key sales role within the company’s sales team for North America, responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies for target companies within the Retail, Distribution, Travel and ISV target segments. The candidate will play a hunter role, responsible for acquiring new clients for organization. The position’s primary responsibility is to achieve new sales results for the company’s services in the assigned sales region.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets established by the Sales Head and execute business development, offering positioning and sales strategies as a member of the sales team for US.
- Target sales of the company’s entire portfolio of IT Outsourcing services including Consulting, ADM, IP based solutions, IT Infrastructure services, and Outsourced Product Development.
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management goals designed to build an optimal sales pipeline.
- Personally develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management at targeted firms.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI response, multi-day client workshops, RFP submission, negotiation and deal signing. You will be the focal point for all communication and sales activities with prospects and customers.
- Work in close collaboration with the organization’s presales team & delivery teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
- Provide support to customers during initial phases of an engagement. Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
- Support the team’s market research and competitive positioning analysis in partnership with regional presales, marketing and product development staff.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.
- Develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making CXO level executives at targeted firms, as well as drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution.
- Internal Cross Working Relations (Other Departments):
- Work with Competencies and Vertical/Domain teams to develop and Execute Go-To-Market Strategies
- Work with Demand generation teams to execute campaigns
- Work with Marketing team for Marketing support
- External Working Relations:
- Work with partners in the software product and services space
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience. Experience in the IT Services industry is a MUST. **PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE EXPERIENCE IN BD WITHIN THE IT SERVICES INDUSTRY.
- The ideal candidate will have made over $1M in deals with previous companies.
- Stability in past jobs. (The client does not want candidates who have jumped around often)
- At least 500 connects on LinkedIn.
- The company needs high energy people with strong client relationships skills.
- Internal connect with primary experience selling IT services in one of more of retail, consumer goods, or travel domains is a plus but not required.