Business Development Partner
Location Mountain View
Consultant Bethan James
Date posted April 4, 2017
We have partnered with an exciting consumer electronics company, and they are looking for a Business Development Partner.
- Prospect for potential new partners and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential partners by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify new opportunities, and the decision makers within the organization.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the customer/partner’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the product/solution.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Builds and manages your team of sales representatives to achieve revenue and profit goals by selling goods and services through resellers/channels. Identifies and approaches key or strategic partners and sets short- and long-term channel strategies.
- Recommends product or solution enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal teams to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external customer debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Make sure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with operations staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of sales, channel management or marketing experience, preferably with a gaming, consumer electronics, fashion, or entertainment industry background. An MBA is a bonus.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to CEO.
- Other Skills & Qualifications: Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Coaching, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Business Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.