Head Business Development & Relationship Management
Salary $225000 - $250000 per year + 20-30%
Location New York
Consultant Lauren Montella
Date posted June 19, 2017
A leading online platform supporting the financial services industry is looking for a Head of Business Development & Relationship Management to join their New York team in their beautiful midtown office. This role reports directly to the Head of Sales, NA and is perfect for a hungry, business development professional with experience working for a fin-tech company or with online platform experience.
The company’s technology platform, products, and services connect banking and securities organizations, market infrastructures, and corporate customers in more than 200 countries and territories. They are looking for a Head of Business Development & Relationship Management to develop and manage long term, strategic customer relationships across the US. This an individual contributor role focused on building deep client relationships at a senior level, setting a vision around strategic initiatives, and driving sales success throughout the US.
- Leading role in an expert team of key client relationship managers, and participate as member of the US management team.
- Develop long term business/commercial strategy and plan across key clients aligned with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities by establishing, maintaining and enhancing long term relationships at an executive level.
- Deliver on sales quotas, targets and overall revenue budget.
- Research and analyze the strategic business direction and needs of US key clients to determine how the company can best align itself as a product and service partner for all current and future business needs.
- Organize and present at customer events promoting the organization, work with key industry bodies, partners, vendors and consultants to promote the company’s solutions and to facilitate client adoption.
- Maintain strong relationships within the organization, across regions, teams and functions such as marketing, communications and legal.
- The ideal candidate must have experience partnering with senior executives and a successful track record negotiating and managing complex, solution sales with top tier financial institutions.
- He/she will be pivotal in developing the overall customer strategy to drive new revenue opportunities, long term partnerships and increased customer loyalty.
- You bring your experience and enthusiasm wherever you go, and you infuse them into the work you do.
- You have a strong sense of purpose, your first instinct is to collaborate, and you are passionate about your industry and technology.
- Proven track record of leading solution sales, demonstrating strong mix of business, technical and product knowledge executed in a consultative style.
- Previous experience working within a fin-tech company or vendor, ideally in a sales management role within payments, cash management and trade.
- Strong, hands-on team leadership experience with the ability to manage and grow account relationships, close high value complex deals and standardize sales processes.
- Track record of business development and meeting sales targets both as an individual and team leader/manager in a key client function.
- Strong negotiation skills:
- Using appropriate influence strategies and interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas, plans and decisions.
- Must have experience in developing strategic plans and the ability to develop innovative service solutions through market research to meet the current and future needs of our customers.
- Polished presentation, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Passionate, self-starter with the drive to achieve and surpass objectives.