Territory Manager - Software Sales
Salary $90000 - $125000 per year + Uncapped
Location New York
Consultant Doireann Comerford
Date posted May 8, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A new position has recently arisen with an international data protection and cloud solutions provider, who are experiencing rapid growth. They aim to reduce risk and increase agility for leading business’s by providing customized IT solutions tailored to individual company needs. They are now seeking an Account Executive to aggressively pursue and attain new business within the Greater Tri-State Area. The Account Executive will focus on new business and developing territory strategies as well as building on-going relationships with high end customers. You will serve as the primary point of contact and take a consultative approach as you on-board and nurture relationships with Directors, VPs and Senior Executive across various industries and verticals. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial Sales Executive who has experience selling complex IT solutions and on boarding new business.
- Aggressively pursue and achieve a minimum of 100% of assigned quota (annually and quarterly) through sales of company’s IT consulting service solution sales.
- Develop territory strategies and account plans independently and achieve revenue from complex multi-year deals.
- Build on-going relationship with customer at all levels to ensure a positive experience and maintain/increase renewal revenue.
- Manage the sales pipeline and meet regularly with the CEO to update sales forecasts.
- Creatively leverage the understanding of capabilities to position our solution and deliver high customer value.
- Develop presentations, lead sales calls and act as the “trusted advisor” to highlight the value of the entire breadth of solutions to the clients’ business.
- Maintain a current understanding of solution value propositions and the applicability of such to the territory.
- Negotiates contracts with customer resources independently requiring the assistance of the sales manager only occasionally and only for the most complex strategic deals.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Prospect (cold calling, following up on leads, completing RFP's etc.) into new accounts to establish relationships.
- On occasion, assist other reps with the strategy for an opportunity to help optimize the probability of closure.
- Degree/Diploma Preferred in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in positioning and selling large, complex IT solutions and historical achievement of assigned sales quotas.
- 5 + years’ experience negotiating contracts for complex business solutions
- Ability to perform independent research and analysis to maximize revenue within accounts
- Ability to quickly assimilate industry, territory or customer’s business issues and translate to the capabilities of company’s solution or service offerings.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and maintain relationships with senior management
- Experience with DELL/EMC, Cisco and Vmware Products is considered an asset.
- Strong current relationships/contacts within the industry is considered an asset.
- Accurate and clear communication in both written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated ability to present creative sales proposals
- Capability to travel to customers or partners within the territory as often as daily.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.