Director, International Business Development (Media)
Salary $90,000 - $120,000 per year + +50% bonus
Consultant Adam Woolley
Date posted February 19, 20192019-02-19 2019-03-17 media permanent US New York New York Broadway 10118 USD 90000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A newly created position has just arisen in the International Business Development team of a leading Advertising Publisher. With a long standing heritage in the advertising arena and many years of pushing the boundaries of traditional print & digital customer engagement they have launched a dedicated global team responsible for developing relationships with their largest clients. Headquartered in Europe and with operations across much of the Americas & Asia you’ll have the chance to leverage a network of out of home advertising solutions to meet key client’s branding needs. As such you should maintain a strong network of senior contacts both directly within brands as well as key advertising agencies. Reporting to the EVP of Global Sales you’ll have great visibility and will be joining a high performing team with a great retention rate. The ideal candidate must be comfortable navigating key stakeholders in large enterprise customers to sell tailored advertising/ media solutions on a global scale. Given the global nature of the team, candidates must excel at working cross-functionally to expand key clients advertising footprint. A track record of success in a premium media sales environment is strongly preferred.
- Through the design and implementation of a strategic business plan you will Identifying new clients or growing existing business within the US & Global market
- Interface and work with internal teams across finance, sales ops and the wider business to maximize opportunities
- Utilize existing network within Agency environments to achieve sales targets and client advertising goals
- Liaise with international counterparts to pitch and secure enterprise level solutions for Fortune 500 clients
- Identify and define growth opportunities in the market for the business via consultative interactions with clients and industry experts
- Understands industry segments served, and keeps abreast of developments in the market to maintain and grow marketplace integrity.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of products and their functionality.
- Apply personal awareness to develop personal pitching and presentation skills alongside formal training to facilitate personal development.
- 4+ years of experience in the broader media environment. International sales experience essential
- High level of motivation in engaging with senior clients in a consultative manner, ensuring that the needs of customers are always kept as the top priority
- Strong knowledge of developments within the Digital and Traditional Media advertising landscape
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience pitching both in person and over the phone. Ability to travel internationally when required
- Strong time management and demonstrable work ethic to proactively commit to meet and exceed personal goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Experience with standard CRM packages beneficial
If you are interested in finding out more about this International Business Development Director role please apply today.