Supply Chain Project Manager- Cosmetics
Salary $90,000 - $110,000 per year + Benefits
Consultant Adam Woolley
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-04-27 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain permanent US New York New York West 21st Street 10016 USD 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A new position has just arisen with a Direct to Consumer cosmetics business offering a new model for buying beauty products. The founding team are seeking a Supply Chain Operations Manager to own the vendor management and supply chain operations. Reporting directly to the founding team the Operations Manager will collaborate to optimize vendor relations via ongoing review as the business grows, balance a keen eye for detail with exceptional time management skills and maintain a highly efficient Supply Chain across their ERP System (SAP preferable). In this lean structure you’ll gain a broad exposure to all parts of the business, from designing, implementing and managing process across disciplines including Vendor Management, Purchasing, Product Development, Supply chain, Shipping & Logistics, Inventory Management and Warehousing. Prior experience in colour cosmetics is essential and you should relish the chance to work in an ever changing environment.
- Work closely with Founding team to manage and optimize supply chain (incl. shipping, customs & fulfillment)
- Liaise with internal Finance, Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure accurate inventory and purchasing schedules
- Develop strong supplier relationships to ensure continued delivery of on time projects
- Coordinate manufacturing activities with suppliers
- Optimize all existing and new procedures to drive cost saving measures
- Manage internal marketing activity and new product development sourcing
- Prepare inventory, sales and returns reports- analyze outcomes to make strategic recommendations for future initiatives
- Manage professional development of Operations direct reports
Key requirements :
5+ years of professional experience in operations, purchasing and supply chain maintenance
Knowledge in sourcing, product development (design/engineering), vendor management and contract negotiation
Detail-oriented and extremely organized with strong project management, budget oversight, P&L and metrics analysis
Experience managing overseas manufacturers (Specific experience in China preferred)
Experience with ERP system (ideally SAP)
Innovative thinker and approach to business with ability to identify growth opportunities
Strong leadership qualities and the ability to manage + motive the team
Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment, adaptable and comfortable working with a small team.
If you are interested in finding out more about this Operations Manager position please apply today.