Salary Competitive Salary
Location San Francisco
Consultant Aaron Crutison
Date posted May 17, 2017
We are working along side an innovative Internet company that is searching for a Data Engineer.
In this dynamic role/position you will be responsible for building and troubleshooting data pipelines.
- Build and maintain frameworks to back data integrity for pipelines
- Plan, build and maintain effective & reliable data pipelines
- Troubleshoot any system, performance, or data related issues, and work to make sure data is consistent and reliable
- Aggregate different data sources for proficient retrieval by a broad range of applications
- Passion for developing software and working with data to tackle data processing challenges
- Solid technical knowledge of architecture principles, data modeling, design, and techniques to take business requirements from idea to execution
- Familiarity working with open source technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Presto, Hadoop, and Hive
- Practice with data warehousing services like RedShift and Google BigQuery
- Experience with Java/Scala, SQL, and/or Python
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or comparable experience