Senior Director of Engineering –Mission Driven Start Up
Location San Francisco
Consultant Alfonso Tiscareno
Date posted November 2, 2016
We are partnering with a mission driven start up that is trying to solve one of the most complex problems that our country is experiencing at the moment. This already successful start up is well funded and the founder is a winning entrepreneur in the Valley. We are looking for a leader with expertise in building and scaling engineering teams as well as extensive experience with the back end. We are looking for someone to effectively identify and implement Big Data technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience with start-ups and large enterprises. This is an opportunity for someone hungry to take the next step in their career.
- Identifying and implementing effective Big Data technologies.
- Developing and deploying code and infrastructure that collects, stores and processes hundreds of millions of events per day
- Leading weekly planning and estimation of all new data, analytics and messaging stories
- Discovering, evaluating and implementing new tech that keeps our client data infrastructure innovative and effective
- Proven experience managing a team building data intensive production applications
- Proven experience working with infrastructure teams on planning, building, maintaining and upgrading production environments
- A Team First mentality with effective interpersonal and team communication skills
- The ability to weigh long term versus short term objectives and focus on impact in a startup environment
- A high degree of personal drive and work well within an agile development team
- A love of learning new things and the ability to share them
- An ability to think strategically while still enjoying the dive into the details
- Experience and knowledge of Cassandra or other large scale NoSQL technologies
- Strong experience in Java or Scala and deploying and maintaining a JVM based infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge of data processing tools like Kafka, Hadoop, Spark