Lead Data Architect
Salary $180000 - $200000 per year + benefits
Consultant Jamie King
Date posted October 18, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A highly skilled Architect is wanted to build out a growing platform for a leading Financial Services firm. You will be hands on as well as manage the team.
An opportunity has arisen to join a thriving Financial Services company in the role of Lead Architect in the heart of New York City. As the Lead Architect you will first and foremost be a technology lead but also a senior manager to a team of data engineers.
This is an ideal position for someone who wants the freedom to explore new technologies and continue to develop and progress the data warehouse. As the technology lead and head of architecture you will have the overall say in how the system should be structured.
- Adaptability – understanding variables to enable swift movement between different environments.
- Working closely with the Product and Analytics teams to develop the platform.
- Responsibility for the roadmap and strategy of the continued improvement and growth of the platform.
- Motivate and lead a growing team of engineers.
- Regular contact with key stakeholders and business leaders.
- A strong background in Engineering and Architecture – coding to the highest standards.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka and Spark.
- Significant experience with Object-Oriented languages and SQL datastores.
- An understanding of Financial Services.
- High coding skills in Python and SQL.
- SQL relational databases – MySQL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field.