Location San Francisco
Consultant Angela Boultinghouse
Date posted September 16, 2016
We are partnering with one of the most successful crowd-funded campaigns in history! This company uses a "sharing economy" model to help people simplify their lives and save time by being able to track and/or loacte the location of their most valuable items.
About the Role
We are looking for talented and motivated engineer to work on our server infrastructure focusing on performance, reliability, security, and scalability. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our various server systems and infrastructures remain stable, and continue being on the cutting edge. You will also write tools and scripts to help you automate deployment, support and other necessary operations.
- You are the kind of engineer that looks at tough or expensive challenges, and figures out ingenious solutions. Whether it’s Java, Python, Bash or the AWS console, you use the best of many tools to achieve the results you need. If there’s no good way to do something, you create software to do it.
- You’re not afraid of working in a large-scale setting, and can dig into the data if there’s any ad-hoc need for it.
- You have some background in writing code, and can move into new languages if needed.
- You are known for being dependable, a reliable problem solver, and are a tech detective, if something is broken you find it and fix it, aided by the structure you’ve set up.
- You will monitor the various server infrastructure systems and ensure their stability.
- You will own CI/CD, and overall administration of the entire distributed system.
- You will drive towards efficient, scalable architectures for the server infrastructure.
- You will collaborate with developers to plan and build deployment automation and maintainability of larger network.
- You will plan and execute maintenance procedures.
- You will have a minimum of 1+ years production level experience for high volume and highly available distributed systems that are Java based or other web platforms.
- You will have a minimum of 1+ years production level experience with various AWS cloud services or any other cloud infrastructure
- You will have experience with CI platforms like Jenkins, CircleCI
- \You will have demonstrated mastery in scripting (Ubuntu, grep, shell, bash, as well as Python, etc.)
- You will have experience with data stores/interfaces like SQL, NoSQL, Redshift, ELK
- You will have familiarity with tool sets like Docker, Vagrant and Ansible
- You will have excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills