Location San Francisco
Consultant Sutha Mogun
Date posted November 2, 2016
We are working with a leader in the new media and internet space to help them find a Backend Engineer.
The candidate will:
- Create the api tier of the application.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
The ideal candidate will:
- have minimum 2 years of Java or Scala experience on the server.
- have desire to learn Scala.
- have worked in a system where 10k requests/second is not unusual.
- have a proven history of initiative and proactivity.
- have an expertise in debugging and problem-solving.
- have knowledge of CS fundamentals at a B.S. level, including algorithms, data structures, and concurrency.
- be committed to engineering best practices, including automated testing and continuous integration.
- be proficient at data modelling and application architecture.
- be an excellent written and verbal communicator.