Data Storage Engineer
Salary $90000 - $160000 per year + Medical +Dental +Vision
Consultant Marco Maranzano
Date posted May 19, 2017
An opportunity has arisen for a Data Storage Engineer to join a professional services organisation based in Reston, VA. You will develop, modify and update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing
- 4+ years of related experience
- Work closely with our architects and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions
- Migrate existing databases from on premise to AWS using various tools including but not limited to AWS Data Migration Services and AWS Schema Conversion Tool
- Advanced hands on experience with Oracle and Postgres database administration Advanced knowledge of various AWS services such as VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, Redshift, Dynamo DB, Route53, S3, EMR & IAM
- Hands on experiences in Cloud Formation and Lambda
- AWS Professional Level Certification a plus
- AWS Associate Level Certification required
- Infrastructure automation through scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Java, JSON).
- Experience designing and building application/DB on AWS
- Support production issues and troubleshooting for both on premise DBs as well as AWS RDS.
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct POC and implement the design in production environment in AWS
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.