Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Architect
Salary $130000 - $160000 per year + 18-22% b
Location Los Angeles
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 19, 2017
My Client, a prestigious and growing Investment Management firm is looking to hire a Senior Infrastructure and Operations Engineer at the Architect level. The role will sit within a rapidly expanding IT and Technology function. As part of the IT engineering team, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, architecting, and managing the systems infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets
You will be developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas in and around the Windows, Linux infrastructure. Specific emphasis is being place on candidates with an Enterprise/Architect background in VMWare ESX, Citrix, and Windows Server OS’s utilizing blade server infrastructures.
Core responsibilities of the role
- Identify technology gaps, recommend architecture/product changes to increase the Windows, VMWare, and Citrix environment's uptime.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies in order to provide better and more cost effective architecture solutions.
- Develop routine maintenance and patching schedules in order to keep the environment at highest uptime.
- Provide Engineering and Service desk staff with technical support and roadmaps of identified solutions.
- Work with Service desk and Engineering to verify system functionality and certification.
- Provision, build and maintain the infrastructure services, and supporting systems for Citrix environment.
- Administering Citrix provisioning Services
- Administer Citrix Farm and Servers Reports / Maintenance
- Install / publish applications in Citrix farms
- Configure and support NetScaler and Access Gateway solutions to support scalable delivery of applications and desktops to various endpoints
- Act as an escalation point for Windows and Citrix technologies in the production environment.
Skills and background required
- 10+ years as an Enterprise Systems Engineer.
- MCSE / MCITP Certified
- Strong knowledge in operating system Windows 2008/2012, and Active Directory, and group policies
- Designed, Deployed, Configured and hardened of Windows 2008 /2012 Servers
- Experience with Exchange Administration and design in a multisite environment
- Enterprise Experience in Datacenter Environments
- Enterprise Experience in Windows File Servers & DFS
- Enterprise Experience in DNS / DHCP Services
- Excellent Experience in Windows PowerShell
- Enterprise Experience in Patching Windows and Exchange
- Excellent Understanding and hands-on experience of VMWare virtualization technology
- Superior customer service skills
- Citrix systems design and implementation experience including: XenDesktop (v.6.X or greater), XenApp (v.6.X or greater)
- Experience in architecture and establishing Citrix environment with high availability
- Hands-on experience of XenApp configuration, XenDesktop, Provisioning Server, and hypervisor management experience (vSphere/vCenter)
- Excellent Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementation skills