Senior Video Streaming Engineer
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Sutha Mogun
Date posted May 10, 2017
We have joined a leading Internet company to help find the perfect person to fill the role as a Senior Video Streaming Engineer.
- Bachelors degree in EE/CS/CE, Master’s in CS desired
- Quick learner. Strong analytical, design, and architecture skills. Aptitude to deal with ambiguity, and enthusiasm to help solve difficult issues. Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Eager to find and fix bugs, not just develop the first version of a solution.
- Vast knowledge of networking, and real world experience with dealing with the variability and unpredictability of the internet (i.e., bandwidth estimation, packet loss, latency, FEC). Analytics skills, ability to fix streaming issues with network logs.
- Familiar with Python and Java
- Past experience with optimizing and developing real time video streaming systems. Knowledge with streaming protocols such as DASH, RTMP, WebRTC, HLS, etc.
- Experience and hands-on practice with Wowza, Varnish cache.
- Past experience with AWS Cloudfront, and/or Akamai CDN
- Experiences with video codecs (e.g., VP8/H.264) is a huge advantage. Knowledge of how the codes work, what their limits are, and the best way to use them in a real-time system.
- Hands on experience and knowledge with server-side development, such as SQL and NoSQL database, LAMP stack, RESTful APIs, is a plus