Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Salary $125000 - $150000 per year + Benefits
Location New York
Consultant Ben Rodgers
Date posted May 25, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A brand new role as a Senior Software Engineer with a specialism in Ruby on Rails has opened up at a leading Education organisation in New York. The Senior Software Engineer will specialise in Ruby on Rails and be an expert in Architecture, Coding and large scale applications.
Our client are organized into small cross-functional product teams (a PM, a designer, a few devs) that focus on growing a single product from glimmer to game-changer. Each team is free to determine their own tools & process. They care about writing good software that is clean, concise, and well-tested; flexible and easy to maintain. Their stack is Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ReactJS, but we are not dogmatic and believe in using the right tools for a particular problem.
What are these teams working on?
- Data & systems that support our global campus and enterprise business
- Evolving large applications into an ecosystem of microservices
- Innovative online education experiences for consumer & enterprise users
- Platforms to connect our community of students & alumni
- Internal tools supporting every part of our organization
- Solve complex architecture and business problems. Solutions are extensible. Works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc...
- Suggest new architectural elements to improve the existing architecture
- Write high quality code that are modular, functional and testable; - Establish the best coding practices
- Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding and troubleshooting
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment unafraid to think out-of-the-box
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in software design, software development & architecture
- Excellent Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience building large-scale applications in a Linux environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices
- Strong focus on clean code and robust design
- Heroku and AWS technologies experience
- Good Front End development skills
- Experience with Node.js, Angular, React
- Experience with design and development of Web Services
- Strong customer focus
If this matches your background and your next career move, we would love to hear from you!