Sr. Front End Developer
Consultant Eliza Solomon
Date posted October 18, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Introduction: An international advertising/digital agency, Adweek’s "Digital Agency of the Decade", is looking for a Sr. Front End Developer to join their Technology team. They are looking for experienced Sr. Frontend Developers that are excited to work on transformational web experiences for some of the world’s top brands. You will be working in cross-functional teams alongside designers, data scientists, strategists, and other engineers to create innovative solutions and bring ideas to life in code. Key Responsibilities: * Building web applications with standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS * Leveraging frameworks and libraries such as React, Angular, Ember.js, and others to architect dynamic experiences * Using CSS to build unique responsive frontend designs across screen sizes * Integrating with backend services, APIs, and other 3rd party solutions to populate content and data * Working within a CMS solution or other platforms that might drive web applications * Collaboration with other software engineers and QA engineers (both at their agency and with clients) in an Agile fashion * Communicating with Visual Designers and Experience Designers to adapt their designs to code * Optimizing code to be SEO-friendly and WCAG accessibility compliant
- 4+ years’ experience in a related role in an agency or digital product setting
- Comfort with agile methodology and working within Jira or similar software task management solutions and working directly with creative and design disciplines
- Strong experience using JS Frameworks (React, Angular, Backbone, Ember, JQuery, etc…)
- Extensive knowledge of modern CSS practices for responsive web design and is comfortable working with CSS processors such as SASS or LESS
- Robust experience using build and package management solutions such as Gulp, Grunt, WebPack, and npm
- Proficiency in using Git code repositories, and understands processes and practices for branching, pull requests, merging, etc.
- Solid exposure to cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Experience with RESTful API best practices and managing asynchronous data
- High proficiency in Photoshop and/or Sketch to review designs and export assets, etc.
- Excellent at debugging and problem solving in an efficient/effective manner
- Understanding of server-side scripting (Node.js, PHP, .Net, Java, Python, etc.). Bonus if you have any hands-on experience writing server-side code or working with databases.