VP of Engineering
Location Mountain View
Consultant Alfonso Tiscareno
Date posted July 17, 2017
VP of Engineering, Software Engineer/ Android
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Software Engineering is a critical management role, with the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of this successful start up. This organization offers a positive team-oriented atmosphere and is seeking a top, start-up minded executive who is energetic and versatile willing to play needed roles and are familiar with lean start up methodology. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, solid strategic and tactical problem-solving abilities, and self-motivation to drive the company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader and potential in its merging market to achieve its revenue goal.
The are building the next generation of computing: the OS for Augmented Interactive Reality!
- Give guidance and provide hands-on product architecture development for the application implementation.
- Layout and optimize the software plan for leading the wearable market in the next three years to come.
- Working with large HW partner on the HW/SW architecture to insure their platforms are working properly together.
- The person we hire will create highest standards of engineering and managing engineering teams.
- Work along with HW partners on creating low level Software.
- Ensure implementation of processes to manage quality of the product.
- Provide technical guidance to develop cutting-edge
- Oversee that products are properly developed, tested, documented, and transitioned into production.
- Foster an environment that uses testing for perfecting the product and overall user experience.
- The VP, Software Engineering will drive engineering into a high performance, best in class, organization that shows marketing innovation.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in Software.
- Experience managing engineering teams in companies that have grown from early stage through a strong revenue stage.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, mobile software products on a deadline.
- Complete understanding of the Android system architecture including OS, Kernel, Apps, as well as Drivers.
- Hands on experience with the Linux/Android inter process communication, Android UI, Java and C/C++.
- Solid hands-on experience with all stages of the Software development life cycle.
- An understanding of low-level operating system principles.
- Project management experience involving contracted employees and full time employees.
- Excels in an entrepreneurial, quick-paced environment.
- Proven track record managing a diverse projects of varying complexity.