VP of Engineering - ML/AI/Data
Location San Francisco
Consultant Alfonso Tiscareno
Date posted July 17, 2017
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Engineering is a critical management role, with the opportunity to have a major impact scaling and growing this team.
You will manage their data engineering and data science teams, who are developing breakthrough technologies in the data space, in coordination with co-founder/head of engineering. Your team will essentially turn terabytes of incoming and proprietary local data into insights, to understand how cities really work. You’ll also be responsible for helping shape their enterprise and consumer facing data-driven products, some already in use with large customers in dozens of cities.
It’s a great opportunity to have your fingerprints all over the product, and build a world class team working with one of the largest and most challenging data problems. If you are curious, driven, and have a bias for speed and choosing the harder path, this could be the right home for you.
- Shape product strategy & roadmap working closely with the executive team
- Lead and provide technical insight on product architecture and all things data
- Work on growing the engineering team
- Help create a team culture that is collaborative; guide team members in advancing their careers
- Drive engineering team into one that is high performance, innovative, and best in class
- Thorough experience in deep learning an/or AI, machine
- Director-level or VP experience in software development
- At least 10 years experience in software development/data pipelines
- Passionate about product development & user experience
- Past experience building & shipping enterprise software
- Startup environment experience