VP Of Engineering
Salary $150000 - $175000 per year + Benefits
Location New York
Consultant Ben Rodgers
Date posted May 11, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An Industry leading and Private Equity backed Media and Events business are seeking a VP Of Engineering to help take the business to the next level. The VP of Engineering will work closley with the C-suite to look at the long term plans for the business whilst undertaking all tactical activity. The VP of Engineering will have autonomy over the techncial roadmap and hiring for their own team.
As the VP of Engineering you will lead all things technology dependent...so pretty much everything.
- We are looking for a VP of Engineering who can not only oversee development of applications that meet specifications, but also help guide the strategy that created those specifications in the first place. We don’t just want technology that works, we want technology that supports an effective business strategy – and we want you to help shape that. We aren’t just looking for a tech-lead, we are looking for a business partner to help us build an amazing company.
- You will drive efficiency and improve quality of code by implementing tools, best practices, internal frameworks, components and standards.
- You will recommend the technical architecture of products to optimize usability, development velocity and quality. You are constantly researching the newest tech trends and development techniques to drive continual improvement of our development work.
- You must be able to communicate with all the different stakeholders on the client's side as well as inside the company.
- You are constantly thinking about way for the firm to leverage technology to improve operational process, information management, and execution of products. You are our internal leader on how we use data to drive business decisions and outcomes.
- You will be a great manager, and a great human being to work alongside.
Key Responsibilities for the VP of Engineering:
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture.
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Developing the company’s strategy for using technological resources.
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions.
- Constantly optimizing processes, best practices, and tools to be used by developers.
- Define and document development processes and best practices.
- Increase reuse of standardized components and in-house frameworks.
- Ability to translate business decisions into technical solutions that increase shareholder value.
Ideally the VP of Engineering will have experience in:
- PHP (5.3, 5.6, 7)
- Laravel as the main framework
- CodeIgniter (is advantage)
- HTML, CSS
- Linux operating system
- Relational databases
- MySQL, PostGres
- Additionally, it is important to know and have experience with: Web application development and its architecture, Service oriented architecture, API implementation and definition
The fun part - THE ROADMAP:
A short term goal for the VP of Engineering is to set up a team of 3-4 developers to work on the current development plan. A medium term goal for the VP of Engineering is to reshape our tech stack so we’re agile and ready for explosive growth. The goal for our new VP of Engineering is to work with the senior management team on how technology can help drive our business strategy over the next 2-3 years. A long term goal for the VP of Engineering is to revolutionize the way the business uses tech to self-organize, execute process, and maintain information.