VP of Engineering
Salary $200000 - $220000 per year + equity
Consultant Jamie King
Date posted November 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Want to work for an exciting and dynamic FinTech startup as a VP of Software Engineering? This role will offer you the chance to mentor a team of engineers and scale out a unique platform.
A new opening has arisen for a VP of Software Engineering to join a thriving FinTech start-up based in Connecticut.
The VP of Software Engineering will be responsible for leading a small team of engineers and play a key role in scaling out the platform. You will need to be someone who has experience of driving change and has the ability to solve problems and then scale them out.
- Work closely with the CTO and other senior executives to understand business needs.
- Define vision and oversee all things related to architecture and engineering.
- You will have excellent leadership skills and the ability to be hands on and lead from the front when required.
- Manage teams across various areas whilst ensuring the highest of standards are maintained.
- Lead design and implementation of new features to the platform.
- Build highly scalable systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Vast Software Engineering background
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership position
- Strong exposure to Java and Python (Spring and Angular would be great to see)
- Advanced knowledge of cloud based development – this is an AWS shop.