VP of Engineering
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Jamie King
JobRef 110332/0012019-07-13 2019-08-27 it permanent US New York New York 10014 USD 180000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A new opening has arisen for a VP of Engineering to join a thriving Technology company based in the heart of New York City. The VP of Engineering will be leading a team of 10 engineers in New York. This is a unique team that's need someone who has put alot of time and thought into building high performing teams in a startup environment. The role will be fairly hands on but focused more on management and driving strategy with the CTO.
- You will be the most senior engineering figure in the NY office so lead by example and mentor a growing team of engineers.
- Provide strategy and help build out the data infrastructure.
- Create a powerful and collaborative work environment through the highest level of leadership.
- Liaise with the CEO and key business stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Work closely with clients and customers on a number of high level projects.
- Excellent leadership experience.
- Previous experience of delivering key projects through to successful completion.
- Managing engineering teams of mixed experience.
- Strong backend infrastructure exposure.
- High level of exposure to technologies such as Python, AWS, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Docker and Kafka.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field.